language school · mission-update · nicaragua

#2: 3rd and 4th Weeks of Language School

This post was an email update that was sent out during my time spent in Nicaragua from 2009 to 2011. I started posting them here when some of my friends who had not received them, wanted to see and hear about the work there. You can access an entire list here.

Greetings to all my dear friends and family wherever you are today. Time has a way of getting away for me and it is once again time for an update to all of you to let you all know about the work that is continuing on here in Nicaragua. Each day gives us new challenges and new adventures.
The 3rd & 4th week of school went very good and I am enjoying learning new words day by day. Some days can be kinda trying but I am trying to make the best out of each class. My teacher has me taking a Scripture passage and explaining it to her each day. Some days I feel so insufficient because I know what I want to say in English but I am not sure how to translate it correctly to Spanish. Classes are going pretty good even though we get interrupted time and time again by the handicap children/adults from Los Pipitos. 
Sylvia and I
Each day Sylvia comes to see me in class. Today she finally left me take her picture.  Each day I wonder what will happen to each of these people there. All of them have some type of handicap. I love all of them so much and I know I will leave part of my heart there when I leave. They all have a small part in my heart. I make it a part of day to try and talk to some of them when I see them. I enjoy trying to talk to each of them. They told me that when I didn’t come to school last week, Sylvia asked about me every day. When I came to school on Monday, October 19th, and went to find, she got a huge grin on her face.
                On Saturday, October 10th, I woke up with a severe headache and fever. After talking to several people, we headed to the doctor. Due to it being Saturday, they could not draw blood for testing till Monday, so they gave me medicine and sent me home.  I spent all morning and part of the afternoon in bed. I woke up in the afternoon and felt slightly better. Randy called and said that he had talked to Richard and they wondered if I wanted to come home and spend the week recuperating in my own house. After thinking it over, I decided it would be best to go home and try and get over whatever it was. Jason and Virginia drove to Estelí to pick us up Saturday afternoon. Till we got home Saturday night, my head was hurting pretty bad again, but I went to bed and got a good night’s sleep. Sunday morning I felt better but I was still lacking energy. I spent the week in El Terrero and got my strength back.  The week was very busy and I went to bed most nights very, very tired. I enjoyed spending the week there and am looking forward to going back there.
I enjoyed the break from school. I came back to Estelí Monday morning refreshed ready to start the final 2 weeks. I am looking forward to finish school and to get back to our house and start spending time with the people there. I have attached a few pictures at the bottom. God bless each of you and thank you for your prayers and support.
God bless and keep His protecting arm around you!!!
Girls’ Class

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s