I have to admit that about 1 hour ago I not so enthusiastic about my evening. Rather, I was extremely tired with a pounding headache and a mountain of studying to do for an upcoming Biology test. Could it get worse? Yes, it probably could, depending on my attitude. But it didn’t! I took a moment to step out into the crisp, fall night and it’s amazing what cold air can do for a person.
As I stood outside gazing into the heavens with its bright moon in a cloud-filled night, I thought of the beauty of the night. And as I continued to gaze into the night, something washed over me and I began to think of how blessed I am!
- Sight to see the beauty of the night
- Hearing to hear the sounds of the peaceful night or the music playing softly in the background
- Education and continuing education as God has allowed
- Warmth of a home, to escape from the cold night
- Water to refresh my physical body and the Word of God to refresh my spiritual being
- Fearfully and wonderfully made
- Healthy and alive to serve my Lord and be a witness of His Great Love
I can’t even begin to make a dent into all the wonderful blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon my life. I was reminded tonight as I stopped to take a moment to count my blessings, I reflected on the promise that “He knows just what I need”
Amidst the burden of the moment, He prompted me to look heavenward! He is always on time! I am blessed beyond human comprehension. Words cannot begin to even number my blessings!
2 thoughts on “Blessed!!”
Isn't it amazing what happens when we start counting our blessings? He is so present. All the time. Even through the valley.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I look forward to getting to know you. 🙂
Natasha, thank you for stopping by. After living in a 3rd-world country, I was reminded of how blessed I am! Thank you for stopping by!